CRA My Account
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers an online portal called My Account that allows Canadians to view their personal income tax and benefit information as well as manage your tax affairs online.
If you do not already have a My Account portal through CRA we are encouraging, clients to consider creating one.
There are many benefits to having CRA’s My Account portal, features include:
- Request a CPP or EI ruling
- File GST/HST rebate
- View carry over amounts
- Check RRSP contribution limits
- Access to uncashed government cheques
- View Canada Child Benefit payments, account balance, and statement of account
- Submit documents
To view a full list of what the My Account portal provides, click here.
To register for My Account you will require:
- Your social insurance number
- Your date of birth
- Your current postal code which must match the postal code on your tax return
- Access to your current or previous tax return as CRA will request amounts reported on a specific line that varies
Once you complete the registration process, you will have limited access to your My Account. A CRA security code will be mailed to your physical address, once you receive it and enter it into your account, this will finalize the registration process.
Start the process now by visiting the Government of Canada’s CRA registration site.
Contact your trusted Stark & Marsh advisor.